To work harder you need to keep your perspective and, to keep your perspective, you need to take time for yourself. Whether it’s commuting or an hour at the gym, find and take the time to relax and have some fun.
Consider the following:
- Tight deadline, go for a walk.
- Knotty problem, take a nap.
- Stress-filled argument, play with a dog.
- Losing your perspective, talk to a teen, or a senior.
- Writing an angry response, sleep on it.
- Busy beyond belief day ahead, ride a bike.
Find time for you. Your time will be both more efficient and more enjoyable. You will be better balanced and happier as a result.